My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050711

PAW 2005 - Wk 26 - Security



With propane retailing for a little over $3.00 a gallon at the moment, having five cords of seasoned, dry, firewood all cut, split and ready to be put up into the shed, is a very welcome thing to have on hand for the upcoming winter.

We live on 130 acres surrounded by this renewable resource, (aka... our friends, the trees.) It is a good relationship. We take good care of them keeping them healthy and surrounded by wildlife and they give us shade and oxygen and they keep us warm at the end of a good life.

No foreign state or non-state entities can threaten our fuel source. The economy can go completely bust and no matter what happens, we'll stay warm. (Well, barring the Supreme Court's take on Eminent Domain.) What could be a better feeling than that?

(SD300. Tritoned in PS.CS)

No comments: