My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050723

Work Photo of the Week...



While this will eventually end up on my business site, I wanted to put it up and share it right away because I'm very happy with it.

I documented a wedding for a very nice couple this last weekend with the reception held at the Southern Maine Comunity College campus in South Portland. The reception ran to 9pm and as this is well after sunset and the tent was not lit I thought that I may not be able to get a shot with the glowing tent and the deep blue of the sky with the moon above...which is a classic wedding staple that I never get tired of. I tried a long exposure to pick up the glow from the candles on the tables, but they weren't throwing enough light for the shot I wanted so I ended up using two Nikon SB800 flash units set on remote TTL and I triggered them both using the little popup flash on my backup camera, a Nikon D70.

The above photo is the result. It is amazing to me the amount of light that those flash units will put out.

(Nikon D70, 2-SB800 flashes, 400 ISO, Nikkor 10.5/2.8 @ f/2.8 and 1/8sec. RAW NEF, converted in PS.CS.)

No comments: