My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20070621

PESO 2007 Surfing, Buck, Retinette


We took a trip to Old Orchard Beach on Monday. The grrrls got some 'surfing' in next to the pier.


Just a nice shot of Starbuck that I made with the Rollei.


In anticipation of sending my 1950s era Kodak Retinette 022 to New Zealand for a shutter overhaul, I pulled the roll of Fuji NPS out of it that has been there for over a year. I found this shot to be my favourite. (Made the same day that I made THESE with my point and shoot digital.) The Kodak was my very first camera. It was given to me by my Uncle Parko to take on a month long hiking trip to the American Rockies and Badlands in 1984. That trip and the photos that I made with that scale focus, fully manual camera (using the exposure guide printed on the film boxes) led to photography becoming my avocation and eventually my vocation. The camera deserves to be put back into perfect working order and to be used.

No comments: