My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20070609

More FILM photos!

Assorted shots with the new Leica IIIf red dial and Summarit 50/1.5. All of these with Kodak 400UC film...(The last two are from the last roll that I put through the IIIc, those were using the same lens that now lives on the IIIf, but shot on Kodak B400CN chromogenic.)


My beloved with (my) pint of Guinness while we wait for our Full Irish Breakfasts to arrive at RiRa's Pub in Portland. Seemingly, the Summarit is extremely prone to flare. I've done what I can for this in PhotoShop and I'll look for a hood, but if I'm going to use it for high contrast scenes with backlit highlights like this I'm not sure it will help.


You can almost make out my reflection (well, my Tilley hat and my camera) in the foreground of this shot from a basement shop on Rt. 302.


This is a little better self portrait using a nice antique mirror in one of the shops in Naples. Tracey and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on the 30th of May and we got a few days alone that we lazed away casually shopping and dining in our own corner of Vacationland.


There really was too little light to do this properly, but hand held at 1/20 wide open, I kind of liked the softness of the photo of these Canadian geese on Woods Pond.


I've always loved this greenhouse that is roadside on the way up Tearcap in Hiram. It is now falling into disrepair with wild trees growing up inside. Having the Leica with me all the time now gives me a good excuse to stop and photograph it. I want to get a shot of it sometime when the fog is in too, but this was a decent first shot.


Beth, with a snack, studying online.


Traps for Lobsters (and tourists) next to the world famous "Reds" hotdog stand in Wiscasett, ME.

No comments: