My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20051001

PAW 2005 - Wk 39 - Boston Rush Hour


A Traffic Tunnel, Boston, MA.

I attended the National Press Photographer's Association "Flying Short Course" on Friday at the Boston University College of Communication.

I had to be there at 7am and as I was shooting a wedding on Saturday, I could only stay for the first of the two day event.

It was an interesting day overall, and I am really excited about trying my hand at 'mixed media' photojournalism soon because of the presentation by Brian Storm of
MediaStorm: A Multimedia Production Studio. I've got to get some sound equipment and experience in the new digital AV editors, but look for my first attempts here in the next few months. Basically, I want to produce documentary stories with still photos and voice over narative. I think that photos and words can go well to tell a story and using audio instead of text makes more sense when it is available.
(at least here on the web)

The day's presentations were over at 5pm. I live only about 150 miles north of Boston. It took me well over an hour just to get to Danvers (a suburb of Boston) because of the friday afternoon rush hour egress. I like getting stuck in Boston at such times because it reminds me how much nicer the comparitive lack of congestion is here in Maine. (even when it is peak tourist season.)


(D2H, 10.5/2.8)

No comments: