My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050829

PAW 2005 - Wk 34 - Boston

I did some portrait and magazine work during the week this week so our parents did us a grand favour and watched the grrrls while Trace and I took some time for ourselves. We spent all day on Saturday in Boston on our way back from the Rolling Stone's concert in Hartford on Friday night.

On a side note, it amazes me that Jagger may be older than my dad, but he can still run about the stage with more energy than most guys my age could for three solid hours! I honoured my ticket contract and didn't take a camera into the concert. The band ended up 20 feet from us dead center as the stage moved down the field during the concert, so I kind of regretted not being able to even take a snapshot. C'est la vie.

It is fun to be able to play tourist in Massachusetts when we spend so much of our time putting up with Massachusetts tourists in our own state. Here are a few shots of our stay in Boston...



Sam Adams, brewer, patriot...hell raiser... Mr Adams' statue is here front of the "Cradle of Liberty" aka Faneuil Hall where he and his fellow 'rebel insurgent' types planned out much of the mayhem that they caused the occupying British military prior to and during the American Revolution.


This is the other side of Faneuil Hall with some of it's more recent neighbors in the background. Boston is nothing if not a very interesting mix of hundreds of years of old (in American terms) and new buildings. I saw Libertarian Presidential Candidate Harry Browne speak at Faneuil Hall many years ago. The inside of the building made for an impressive backdrop for a speech that wasn't much different from that which one of Mr. Adams' own compatriots may have given.


We didn't see 'Charlie: the man who never returned' of Kingston Trio fame still riding the T...but this platform on the Green Line smelled like he might be still living there!


Just down the street from where Benjamin Franklin was born (on the Milk St. site is a modern building that is undergoing a face lift) sits the very tranquill Post Office Park with this beautiful stone Arbor. Trace stopped to smell the flowers as is her want in life. I took her photograph doing so, as is mine.

(all SD300, manual mode -2/3 stop exp. crop and quadtoning in PS.CS)

No comments: