My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050807

PAW 2005 - Wk 31 - Casco Bay Music

My Aunt "Moo" and her partner Joyce invited the whole family out to their house on one of the Islands in Casco Bay for a Saturday afternoon unplugged jam session to celebrate Joyce's birthday. Now when I was a young kid, we were of pretty modest means and so huge family jam sessions were a major source of entertainment. Though everyone is doing much better than we were in the 1970s, another of my Aunts, Sandy, started these sessions up again a few months ago and today I find that I'm enjoying making music even more than I did as a kid and and I dearly hope that my grrrls have memories of family music making that are as pleasant as mine are when they are my age.


This is a view of two kayakers paddling past Ft. Gorges in Casco Bay with the city of Portland in the background on the way back from a long hot fun day of music. I made this from photos shot in colour and converted this image to infra red in PhotoShop with a new Fred Miranda IR action.

Here is a photo of the grrrls looking at the Fort as we cruised out to the island on the ferry...

I've always been fascinated by the Fort because it is said to be designed exactly like Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor of Civil War fame. I still always confuse Fort Sumter with Fort McHenry, the battle over which inspired Francis Scott Key to pen our National Anthem during the war of 1812. My mind is funny like that.


(Both shots were taken with a Nikon D70. the IR shot was sith a Tokina 12-24 and the shot with the grrrls with the Nikon 24-120VR and a popup flash for fill.)