My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20060126

Grandy Oats



I did a corporate portrait shoot for Aaron (left) and Nat (right) at GrandyOats Granola in Brownfield today. I shot some stuff at their Good Lookin' Good Eating party a few months ago that will shortly be on their website as well.

I knew Nat back years ago when he owned The Bountiful Berry, a tiny but groovy herb and coffee shop in Bridgton. Nat later moved into the granola business and through skillful but ethical mergers and acquisitions, he and his college friend and business partner Aaron have become Captains of Industry(tm) and are now steering a great green-friendly organic business through the nationwide waters of commerce. As an entrepreneur myself, I find it thrilling that well practised ethical capitalism can thrive in today's climate and that a successful nationwide business can be well grounded right here in the Western Hills of Maine.

Corporate Headquarters is this fantastic reclaimed and renovated dairy barn.




I liked this shot of one of the hard working granola mixin' crew so figured I'd share it with you all as well.


(Nikon D2H, Tokina 12-24 and Nikkor 10.5. Photoshop IR where needed.)

No comments: