My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050225

Sledding - PAW 2005 - Wk 7


This weeks PAW..."A Brownie takes a Cocoa break."
(All photos this week from Nikon D70 with 18-70 AFs lens. Click on any photo and a larger version will open in a new window.)

Our daughters belong to GirlScout Brownie Troop 128 here in Denmark. Thursday morning the troop had a sledding party at one of the girl's homes. Since sledding is an integral part of winter life in rural Maine, I took my camera and figured I'd catch up on my PAW project.


Dressing warmly to play in the snow is a good idea when it is 18 degrees out.



An excellent view of the surrounding hills and mountains while waiting to make a run down the hill.



Everyone can use a helpful push from mom once in a while.



It is a LOOOONG walk back up the hill when you are only 4ft tall.



Sledding is fun for adults too.



The snow covered mountain in the distance here is actually over the border in New Hampshire. It is a pretty good view of Tuckerman's ravine on Mt. Washington.
Mt. Washington is the highest point East of the Mississippi in the US and is where the fastest winds on the planet have ever been recorded. (231MPH!)

No comments: