My photo
I been a professional photographer since I worked for the US Government documenting Test and Evaluation of Research and Development projects for the US Army and US Navy in the later half of the 1980s. I came home to Maine to finish my Marketing Degree at USM and began to work full time in Market Research and Marketing for many years while documenting weddings and occasional photojournalist and commercial jobs on the weekends. In 2001 I again returned to photography as a full time trade and have never been a happier man. I love working with creative individuals, couples, small businesses and select Non-Profits and can’t imagine working in any other trade. In 1987 I was lucky enough to wed my high school sweetheart and we now live in a cozy little solar powered, recycled bungalow a mile deep in our woods in the Western Hills of Maine with our two brilliant home-schooled teenage daughters and our three cats.

20050604

PAW 2005 - wk22

A continued break from 'reportage' photography this week.
Here are some of my favourite 'Maine' things in the perfect almost-summer weather (finally)...


My wife Tracey enjoys the scent of just bloomed lilacs.

Though, this dear woman and I have been together as a couple since the beginning of HighSchool, this week marked our 18th wedding anniversary. Through all of the ups and downs, I'd not have missed a moment or have changed any of it and I look forward to happily growing old with her.



This is the mill pond in nearby Bridgton, ME. The dandilions are out.
If you've never had dandelion buds (the yellow flower part) washed in egg, rolled in parmesean cheese and fried, you've not lived...America would be a much healthier nation if we ate our lawns instead of poisoned them with products from Monsanto.


Of all of the wonderful things Trace and I have created and acomplished in the last 23 years, this duo stands out far and above as our crowning achievements. Nicole and Elizabeth are growing into amazing young women. They were homebirthed right here in the woods and Tracey is doing an excellent job in homeschooling them here as well.

So there you go. The weather is great and I've got a small break in my work schedule so I figured I'd share a bit of what makes me the luckiest man on the planet. We'll now return to our regularly scheduled PAW project looking at Maine from our own perspective.

(All of the above were taken with the SD300 in manual mode and exposure modification control. Levels and Curveds adjusted in PS.CS using adjustment layers. I was playing with a new IR action on the second photo and then wanted to leave some colour. Probably should have left it alone. I generally shoot in RAW when I shoot digitally for work, but as the SD300 doesn't allow for RAW, I've been amazed as what you can do with a JPG and just the basic adjustment layers. I've borrowed a Zeiss Ikon 6X9 film camera that I'm considering purchasing for fun. I'll try to use it for some future post.)

No comments: